Wareham High School has sent out some information to parents about what the return to school will look like this fall. This email (sent out to all parents emails) contained Zoom & Google Meet expectations, an informational letter, and mask expectations. Here are some of the highlights from the sent out information
- The WHS Chromebook and charger pick-up day for grades 8 through 12 will be Thursday, September 10 from 8 AM to 10 AM, 1 PM to 3 PM, and 5 PM to 7 PM. The Technology Guidelines and Procedures Form was sent electronically to parents yesterday via email. That form must be electronically signed and returned before a student can receive any technology. (If you did not receive this form, contact administration to get it sent to you)
- The first day of school for students is Wednesday, September 16 with a Wareham High School start time of 7:40 A.M. This will be a remote learning day for all students
- When hybrid learning begins (tentatively October 5th), the students will be separated by the following
- Student last names A through K: Monday/Tuesday at WHS, Wednesday to Friday online
- Student last names L through Z: Thursday/Friday at WHS, Monday to Wednesday online
- The guidance counselor breakdown is: Last names A to F have Ms. Medeiros, firstname.lastname@example.org. Last names G to L have Dr. Janicki, Guidance Director, email@example.com. Last names M to Z have Ms. Gregoire, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you check your schedule and notice any abnormalities, contact your guidance counselor ASAP.
- Face Masks will be required for all in-person learning that takes place. Students are not allowed to wear bandanas or gaitors. Only 2-ply cloth masks (polyester or cotton) and surgical masks are permitted.
- Fall sports have been postponed and will start in early March. More information will be forthcoming as we get closer to this date. Winter sports are scheduled to begin on November 30. (Here is our article about fall sports being postponed)
Article written byIndiana T.